Activities of the Croatian association of freshwater ecologists (CAFE) arise from the objectives of the association. Members of the association are involved in scientific, research and educational projects aimed at improving the state of knowledge in freshwater sciences, as well as at conservation and protection of waters, aquatic and adjacent habitats and aquatic biodiversity. CAFE cooperates with the Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Croatian Natural History Museum and educational institutions.
In order to achieve its objectives CAFE performs the following activities:
• Promotes and carries out research activities in the field of ecology and freshwaters sciences
• Prints and distributes publications (promotional, popular, professional or scientific) in accordance with special regulations
• Initiates and conducts educational, professional and scientific projects aimed at improving the state of the art in the field of ecology and freshwater sciences, as well as at conservation and protection of water resources, aquatic, riparian and adjacent habitats and aquatic organisms and biodiversity
• Organizes workshops to disseminate knowledge about the fresh waters and professional work related to freshwater research and ecology
• Participates in the organization of national and international conferences, seminars, exhibitions and other similar events in the topics of ecology and freshwaters
• Collaborates and participates in activities and programs with similar organizations in the Republic of Croatia and the world
• Promotes the profession in the media
• Collaborates with educational institutions and the roof institution for natural sciences in the Republic of Croatia – Croatian Natural History Museum
• Organizes excursions
• Performs other activities necessary to achieve the objectives of the Association.